We value your trust, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read this policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting our website, you accept the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
- When you are visiting our website. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (personal information), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required for you to register as a member; offer your truck capacity; complete a FreightPath profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
- When Shippers and Brokers are using our API platform. When a shipper books a shipment with your services through FreightPath.io, we will request personal information and shipment preferences about that shipper. We will obtain the consent of all shippers that want to book capacity to your services through our platform prior to collecting their personal, shipment preferences and operations information.
- Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit FreightPath.io. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as rates viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
How we use your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
- Manufacturers, suppliers, shippers, or even freight brokers, and freight forwarders who would like to connect to your transportation system in real time and book your truck capacity through our API platform. We do not share your email address with these entities unless they need it to fulfill the shipment related request they have made on FreightPath.io, and we restrict their use of this information to that purpose. We do not place limitations on our shippers use or disclosure of your other information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any shippers whose purchases are made through this site. Please note that these shippers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate the shipment booking, or respond to a review you may submit.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.