Various improvements to default settings, the ability to add custom accessorials and the shipment activity feed
June 18, 2021
New default broker, customer and carrier fields
To make data entry easier for a variety of different types of logistics service providers including freight brokers and their customers and carriers, we're adding three new fields in the general settings for FreightPath where users will be able to set a default broker, customer and carrier for shipments if desired.
Updates for activity feed events
The "load edited" activity feed event has now been updated to provide more clear information on what information/specific field has been changed.
A new "shared document uploaded" event has been added that records when any user uploads a new document into the shared documents tab in any shipment.
The "email sent" event has been updated to contain a title and more clear description.
Updates to roles for customer/carrier portal users
Due to confusion, we've removed the "limited" role and created individual roles for customer, carrier, driver and owner-operator. These roles can only be given to portal users through the invite process in the network tab. They work the following way:
- Customer: access to customer portal ONLY
- Carrier: access to carrier portal ONLY
- Driver: access to driver mobile app ONLY
- Owner-Operator: access to driver mobile app AND carrier portal
Based on feedback from our customers, we've added a new field to shipments called "accessorials". This is a multiple select field for any accessorial charges or requirements you might want to add to a shipment.
This list can be edited in the settings under "accessorials" and comes pre-populated with a variety of popular requests for accessorials.
Accessorials will be shown on the rate confirmation for both the customer and the carrier.
Other Changes and Fixes
- Intercom widget (customer support chat) has been moved to the left to avoid confusion
- Three dot menu and expand button has been fixed in the network page
- Stop merging logic has been adjusted to take dates into account
- Drivers can be now removed from shipments
- New load item field for volume, along with tons and tonnes being added to weight
- Search filter for equipment types fixed
When's It Happening?
All features for version 5.134 should be available to all users by June 19 2021.